If you do not receive your product or you have received a product that is defective, damaged, or that does not match the description provided in the product listing, please contact the Rakuten.com Marketplace Seller directly to attempt to resolve the problem.
If the seller does not respond to you by the close of the next business day or does not reasonably address the problem, you may be eligible to make a Rakuten.com Marketplace Guarantee Claim in order to obtain a refund to your original method of payment. The Marketplace Guarantee covers the first $500 of each Marketplace purchase. To qualify for a Rakuten.com Marketplace Guarantee Claim, you must meet one of the following conditions:
- You never received the item purchased.
- You received a different item than the one purchased.
- The item received was materially different than what was listed.
You may only file 1 Rakuten.com Marketplace Guarantee Claim per a month, up to a lifetime maximum of 3 Rakuten.com Marketplace Guarantee Claims. Please see the Marketplace Buyer Agreement for complete terms and conditions.
Filing a Claim
To file a Rakuten.com Marketplace Guarantee Claim, please access your order history, then:
- Find the item you ordered from the marketplace seller.
- Click the "Marketplace Guarantee Claim" link to the right of item to access the Web form. This link does not appear until 30 days after the purchase date and will be available for up to 60 days after the purchase date.
- Please select a reason for the claim from the "Select Reason" drop down menu.
- Write a description for the reason for your claim.
- Read all text below, checking all the boxes to the left as you acknowledge them.
- Click the "Submit" button once you have completely filled out the form.
Once a claim has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email and the claim will be researched. Where appropriate, Rakuten.com will review all relevant details associated with a Rakuten.com Marketplace Guarantee Claim for both the merchant and customer involved in the claim. This may include, but is not limited to, email correspondence regarding the order, shipping information, tracking information, account history, comments provided in the Rakuten.com Marketplace Guarantee Claim, and any other relevant details.
You will be informed of the results of the claim's review via email.