I received a password reset notification, what should I do?
At Rakuten, we want our users to have the best experience possible while enjoying the many services we offer. As such, we do sometimes perform updates that will require us to reset the password on your account. When we do this, you will be notified by email letting you know your password was reset and what you need to do to change it.
If you received a notification from Rakuten, then it means you will need to reset your password the next time you log in to your account.
There are no links in the initial email notification you sent me. How should I reset my password?
Your security is very important to us! Because of this, we do not send links in our notification emails when we reset your password. Instead, we require our users to come to our site and request a new password. Once you do this, you will receive an email with a link to set your new password.
How do I reset my password?
- Visit Rakuten
- Click the "Sign In" link at the top of our homepage
- Click the "Forgot your Password?" link
After providing the email address associated with your Rakuten Account, you will then receive an email with the instructions and a hyperlink for resetting your password. You should only click a link to reset your password if you have requested a password reset directly from Rakuten.
How do I make a strong password?
Creating a strong password is very important. We would recommend the following:
- Use a mixture of numbers, upper and lower case letters, and special symbols when creating a password.
- Use a unique password that you aren’t using anywhere else
- Only log in to secure devices
- Use common names like the name of your pets, family members, or your own name when creating a password
- Use the same password on multiple sites
- Write down or save your password
- Store you password on a public computer
We’re here to help!
If you received a password reset notification that seems suspicious to you or if you need help with resetting your password, please let us know! You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be glad to help!