PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online, via a mobile device and in store. The service gives people simpler ways to send money without sharing financial information, and with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 137 million active accounts in 193 markets and 26 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global commerce, processing almost 8 million payments every day.
For more information and to sign up for PayPal, please go here.
Using PayPal as a Payment Method
You can use PayPal through your Rakuten.com Account or when checking out as a guest. PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy places some restrictions on what items can be purchased using their payment method. Should you be prevented from purchasing an item with PayPal, please choose another payment method or contact PayPal for more information regarding the reason for the restriction.
1. At check-out under “Pay With”, you can select PayPal as a payment method
2. If you would like to change the payment method to PayPal, select “change”
3. Once you have selected PayPal as the payment method, you will be able to review the details of your order before placing your order.
4. Click “Place Order”
5. It will then bring you to the PayPal sign in page to complete the payment process
6. Once you have completed the payment process through Paypal, you will directed back to Rakuten.com to confirm your order has been placed.
Cancellations and Refunds
If your order is cancelled or you need a refund, your request will be reviewed and a refund will be sent to PayPal to be applied to your account if it is approved.
For more information, or for a status on your refund, please contact PayPal directly by phone at 1-888-389-1161 or through their Web form.